According to Time magazine, Alfie Kohn is arguably the country's most outspoken opponent of education's obsession on grades [and] test scores. The Schools Our Children Deserve, The Argument Against Standardized Testing, and The Homework Myth are among his 13 books on education and human behavior. Kohn, a former teacher, now consults with schools across the country and talks at national conferences on a regular basis. He currently resides in Belmont, Massachusetts. and www.alfiekohn.org (virtually).
- Punished by Rewards: The Trouble with Gold Stars, Incentive Plans, A'S, Praise and Other Bribes
- Ungrading: Why Rating Students Undermines Learning (and What to Do Instead)
- Unconditional Parenting: Moving from Rewards and Punishments to Love and Reason
- The Myth of the Spoiled Child: Challenging the Conventional Wisdom about Children and Parenting
- No Contest: The Case Against Competition