Ambrose S E
From 1861 until 1865, James K Newton (1843-1892) served in the Union Infantry. He went on to Oberlin College in Ohio, where he became a professor of French and German and remained there until 1888. In 1892, he died in California. Professor of history at the University of New Orleans from 1936 to 2002, Stephen E Ambrose Undaunted Courage, Band of Brothers, and Citizen Soldiers are only a few of his many publications.
- Undaunted Courage: Meriwether Lewis, Thomas Jefferson, And The Opening Of The American West
- Band Of Brothers: E Company, 506th Regiment, 101st Airborne From Normandy To Hitler's Eagle's Nest
- D-Day, June 6, 1944: The Climactic Battle Of World War Ii
- Rise To Globalism: American Foreign Policy, 1938-1976
- Nothing Like It In The World: The Men Who Built The Transcontinental Railroad, 1863-1869