Amy-Jill Levine is a University Professor of New Testament and Jewish Studies at Vanderbilt University and the Mary Jane Werthan Professor of Jewish Studies at Vanderbilt University, as well as an Affiliated Professor at the Cambridge Centre for the Study of Jewish-Christian Relations. The Misunderstood Jew: The Church and the Scandal of the Jewish Jesus (2006), Short Tales by Jesus: The Enigmatic Parables of a Controversial Rabbi (2014), the edited 13-volume Feminist Companions to the New Testament and Early Christian Literature (2001), and the co-edited The Jewish Annotated New Testament (2011) are among her many books.
- The Jewish Annotated New Testament
- The Bible with and Without Jesus: How Jews and Christians Read the Same Stories Differently
- The Difficult Words of Jesus: A Beginner's Guide to His Most Perplexing Teachings
- Sermon on the Mount: A Beginner's Guide to the Kingdom of Heaven
- Short Stories by Jesus: The Enigmatic Parables of a Controversial Rabbi