Andrea Wulf was born in India and grew up in Germany. She studied design history at the Royal College of Art in London. She is also the coauthor (with Emma Gieben-Gamal) of This Other Eden: Seven Great Gardens and 300 Years of English History, as well as The Invention of Nature: Alexander Von Humboldt's New World and Founding Gardeners: The Revolutionary Generation, Nature, and the Development of the American Country. She has contributed to The Sunday Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Financial Times, as well as reviewing for The Guardian, The Times Literary Supplement, and The Mail on Sunday. She appears on BBC television and radio on a regular basis. In 2008, The Brothers Gardeners was on the longlist for the Samuel Johnson Prize.
- This Other Eden: Seven Great Gardens and Three Hundred Years of English History
- The Invention of Nature: Alexander Von Humboldt's New World
- The Invention of Nature Lib/E: Alexander Von Humboldt's New World
- Founding Gardeners: The Revolutionary Generation, Nature, and the Shaping of the American Nation
- Chasing Venus: The Race to Measure the Heavens