NICK MALAND graduated in English and Drama from London University in 1981 and pursued a career in the theatre, acting and directing in the London Fringe before becoming a full-time illustrator. He has worked as an editorial illustrator for the TES, The Times, The Observer, The Guardian and The Independent amongst others. He was shortlisted for the Mother Goose Award in 1996 (for Welcome Night) and the Children's Book Award in 1998 (for Brave Whale). Further prestigious wins include the V&A illustration award in 2003 (You've Got Dragons) and the Silver Medal in Society of Illustrators Original Art 2005 Exhibition as well as the Stockport Children's Book Award (for Snip Snap), and won the Booktrust Early Years Award (for Oliver Who Travelled Far and Wide). He has a daughter and a son and lives in Brighton, England.
- A World Full Of Spooky Stories: 50 Tales To Make Your Spine Tingle
- A Stage Full Of Shakespeare Stories: 12 Tales From The World's Most Famous Playwright
- A Year Full Of Stories: 52 Classic Stories From All Around The World
- A World Full Of Animal Stories: 50 Folk Tales And Legends
- A Bedtime Full Of Stories: 50 Folktales And Legends From Around The World