Antonio Damasio, a neurologist and neuroscientist, is the director of a new brain research institute dedicated to the study of emotion and creativity at the University of Southern California. He also teaches at the Salk Institute as an adjunct professor. He is a member of the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences and a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. He has received numerous prizes (many of which he shares with his wife Hanna Damasio, who is also a neurologist and neuroscientist). He is also the author of The Feeling of What Happens and Searching for Spinoza, both of which have received critical praise.
- Feeling & Knowing: Making Minds Conscious
- Descartes' Error: Emotion, Reason, and the Human Brain
- The Feeling of What Happens: Body and Emotion in the Making of Consciousness
- The Strange Order of Things: Life, Feeling, and the Making of Cultures
- Looking for Spinoza: Joy, Sorrow, and the Feeling Brain