Barnaby Conrad is the author of twenty-five books of fiction and nonfiction, including Hemingway's Spain, How to Fight a Bull, and Matador, which has sold more than three million copies. He is an artist and former bullfighter and American vice-consul in Spain, founder and codirector of the Santa Barbara Writer's Conference, and a native San Franciscan.
- The Cigar: An Illustrated History of Fine Smoking
- The Martini: An Illustrated History of an American Classic
- 101 Best Sex Scenes Ever Written: An Erotic Romp Through Literature for Writers and Readers
- 101 Best Beginnings Ever Written: A Romp Through Literary Openings for Writers and Readers
- The World of Herb Caen: San Francisco 1938-1997