Blair and Dawn Witherington are naturalists who work for a living. Blair works for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute as a research scientist. He graduated from the University of Central Florida with a bachelor's and master's degree in biology, as well as a doctorate in zoology from the University of Florida. He has written two books on sea turtles and their conservation, as well as numerous research articles and book chapters on sea turtle biology. Dawn is a scientific illustrator and graphic designer with degrees from the Art Institutes of Colorado and Fort Lauderdale.
Natural history publications, posters, and museum exhibits all feature her art and design. Florida's Living Beaches: A Beachcomber's Guide, Florida's Seashells, Living Beaches of Georgia and the Carolinas: A Beachcomber's Guide, and Seashells of Georgia and the Carolinas: A Beachcomber's Guide are just a few of the projects Blair and Dawn have collaborated on.
- Sea Turtles: An Extraordinary Natural History of Some Uncommon Turtles
- Sea Turtles of the Atlantic & Gulf of Mexico
- Florida's Seashells: A Beachcomber's Guide
- Florida's Living Beaches: A Guide for the Curious Beachcomber
- Our Sea Turtles: A Practical Guide for the Atlantic and Gulf, from Canada to Mexico
- #2280 in nature