Bhikkhu Bodhi, a Buddhist monk from New York City, is an American Buddhist monk. He was ordained in 1972 in Sri Lanka, where he stayed for more than two decades, and served as president and chief editor of the Buddhist Publishing Society in Kandy for many years. In upstate New York, he is currently residing at Chuang Yen Monastery. Venerable Bodhi is known for his methodical and elegant translations of Buddhist scriptures, including The Buddha's Middle Length Discourses, The Linked Discourses of the Buddha, The Numerical Discourses of the Buddha, The Buddha's Teachings on Social and Communal Harmony, and In the Buddha's Words.
- In the Buddha's Words: An Anthology of Discourses from the Pali Canon
- The Middle Length Discourses of the Buddha: A Translation of the Majjhima Nikaya
- The Noble Eightfold Path: Way to the End of Suffering
- Great Disciples of the Buddha: Their Lives, Their Works. Their Legacy
- The Connected Discourse of the Buddha: A Translation of the Samyutta Nikaya