Brian Hicks, a senior writer for the Charleston Post and Courier, is the co-author of two previous books on nautical topics: Raising the Hunley: The Incredible History and Retrieval of the Lost Confederate Submarine and Into the Wind: The Tale of the World's Longest Race. Hicks, who was named Journalist of the Year by the South Carolina Press Association, resides in Charleston with his wife and son.
- Sea of Darkness: Unraveling the Mysteries of the H.L. Hunley
- Ghost Ship - The Mysterious True Story Of The
- The Mayor: Joe Riley and the Rise of Charleston
- Toward the Setting Sun: John Ross, the Cherokees, and the Trail of Tears
- In Darkest South Carolina: J. Waties Waring and the Secret Plan That Sparked a Civil Rights Movement