Charles Platt is a regular columnist and contributing editor for Make: magazine, where he covers electronics and tools. Platt worked as a senior writer for Wired magazine and has published several computer books. He has been attracted by electronics since he was 15 years old, when he built a telephone answering machine out of a tape recorder and military surplus relays. He resides in a remote location of Northern Arizona, where he has his own workshop where he fabricates prototypes and works on projects for Make: magazine.
- Make: Electronics: Learning by Discovery
- Encyclopedia of Electronic Components Volume 2: Leds, Lcds, Audio, Thyristors, Digital Logic, and Amplification
- Encyclopedia of Electronic Components, Volume 3: Sensors for Location, Presence, Proximity, Orientation, Oscillation, Force, Load, Human Input, Liquid
- Encyclopedia of Electronic Components Volume 1: Resistors, Capacitors, Inductors, Switches, Encoders, Relays, Transistors
- Make: More Electronics: Journey Deep Into the World of Logic Chips, Amplifiers, Sensors, and Randomicity