Proofiness and Zero, which won the PEN/Martha Albrand Prize for debut nonfiction and was a New York Times noteworthy book, are among Charles Seife's prior works. He has contributed to The New York Times, Wired, New Scientist, Science, Scientific American, and The Economist, among other publications. He lives in New York City and is a journalism professor at New York University.
- Zero: The Biography of a Dangerous Idea
- Proofiness: The Dark Arts of Mathematical Deception
- Sun in a Bottle: The Strange History of Fusion and the Science of Wishful Thinking
- Alpha and Omega: The Search for the Beginning and End of the Universe
- Decoding the Universe: How the New Science of Information Is Explaining Everythingin the Cosmos, Fromou R Brains to Black Holes