Charlie Wing earned his Ph.D. from the University of Texas in Austin. He earned his bachelor's degree in oceanography from MIT, where he later worked as a research scientist. He is the author of a dozen publications on home construction and five best-selling sailing books.
- How Your House Works: A Visual Guide to Understanding and Maintaining Your Home, Updated and Expanded
- The Visual Handbook of Building and Remodeling: The Only Guide to Choosing the Right Materials and Systems for Every Part of Your Home
- The One-Minute Guide to the Nautical Rules of the Road
- Get Your Captain's License, 5th
- How Boat Things Work: An Illustrated Guide