Christopher Emdin is an Associate Director of the Institute for Urban and Minority Education at Teachers College, Columbia University, where he is also a professor and the Program Director of Science Education in the Department of Mathematics, Science, and Technology. He is the author of the New York Times Bestseller For White People Who Teach in the Hood...and the Rest of Y'all Too and Urban Science Education for the Hip-hop Generation, as well as the #HipHopEd social media campaign and the Science Genius program.
- For White Folks Who Teach in the Hood... and the Rest of Y'all Too: Reality Pedagogy and Urban Education
- Ratchetdemic: Reimagining Academic Success
- Science in the City: Culturally Relevant Stem Education
- #Hiphoped: The Compilation on Hip-Hop Education: Volume 1: Hip-Hop as Education, Philosophy, and Practice
- Hip-Hop and Spoken Word Therapy in School Counseling: Developing Culturally Responsive Approaches in School Counselling