Cornelius C Kubler
Cornelius C., Cornelius C., Cornelius C. Kubler obtained his B.A., M.A., and Ph.D. from Williams College and is now the Stanfield Professor of Asian Studies. Cornell University offers linguistics degrees. He received a second master's degree. National Taiwan University has a degree in Chinese literature.
He worked at the Foreign Service Institute in the United States from 1980 until 1991. He worked for the Department of State as a Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, and Mongolian Language Training Supervisor, as well as the Principal of the advanced Chinese field school in Taiwan and the Chair of the Department of Asian and African Languages. He has chaired the old Department of Chinese and Asian Studies Program as well as the Department of Asian Studies, which he helped to create, since joining Williams College in 1991. He's also taught at Eisenhower College, Portland State University, Middlebury College, National Taipei Normal University, Chinese University of Hong Kong, and Wenzao Ursuline University of Languages as a visiting professor.
Kubler, the author or coauthor of 20 books and more than 50 publications on Chinese language education and linguistics, is a regular reviewer and consultant for Chinese and Asian Studies programs in the United States. as well as internationally. He has served on the Executive Committee of the Association of Departments of Foreign Languages of the Modern Language Association and as Chair of the Test Development Committee for the SAT Subject Test in Mandarin. In Nanjing, China, he is the American Co-Director of the Johns Hopkins University-Nanjing University Center for Chinese and American Studies.
- Continuing Mandarin Chinese Workbook: Learn to Speak, Read and Write Chinese the Easy Way! (Includes Online Audio)
- Basic Spoken Chinese: An Introduction to Speaking and Listening for Beginners (DVD and MP3 Audio CD Included) (Basic Chinese)
- Intermediate Spoken Chinese Practice Essentials: A Wealth of Activities to Enhance Your Spoken Mandarin (DVD Included)
- Basic Spoken Chinese Practice Essentials: An Introduction to Speaking and Listening for Beginners (CD-ROM with Audio Files and Printable Pages Include
- Basic Mandarin Chinese - Speaking & Listening Textbook: An Introduction to Spoken Mandarin for Beginners (DVD and MP3 Audio CD Included)