Sarah Veblen is a custom fashion designer who concentrates on creating clothing for her clients as well as teaching and writing about the garment-making skill. Sarah has been designing and creating clothing for her private clients for over 25 years, focusing on fit, original pattern design, and high-quality workmanship. Her main goal is to assist ladies in creating a wardrobe that is both comfortable and functional for them. Sarah enjoys immersing herself in her students' learning process since she is dedicated to promoting sewing at all levels. She teaches in her studio, as well as in other classrooms and online at PatternReview.com.
She also gives courses for sewing groups and organizations all throughout the country and is a frequent guest lecturer. Sarah has written numerous articles and books on sewing and design, including First First Garment Fitting and The Complete Picture Guide to Perfect Fitting, and she also maintains her own blog. She's also prepared a series of instructional fitting CDs for Threads magazine on skirt and bodice fitting, as well as making creative alterations to patterns. Sarah has a BA from Stanford University and a Diploma in Fashion Design from Baltimore City Community College.
She is a member of the American Sewing Guild (ASG) and the Association of Sewing and Design Professionals (ASDP). She currently resides in Phoenix, Maryland. Visit sarahveblen.com to see more of her work.
- The Complete Photo Guide to Perfect Fitting
- First Time Garment Fitting: The Absolute Beginner's Guide - Learn by Doing * Step-By-Step Basics + 8 Projects
- Black & Decker Finishing Basements & Attics: Ideas & Projects for Expanding Your Living Space
- Origami Animals Super Paper Pack: Folding Instructions and Paper for Hundreds of Beasts and Birds--Includes a 32-Page Instruction Book and 232 Sheets
- Building Decks: All the Information You Need to Design & Build Your Own Deck
- #900 in crafts & hobbies