Dan Jason is the founder of Salt Spring Seeds, a mail-order seed firm based on Salt Spring Island, British Columbia. He's co-authored a number of best-selling books about growing and cooking food sustainably, including The Power of Pulses (Douglas & McIntyre, 2016), which he co-authored with Hilary Malone and Alison Malone Eathorne.
- The Power of Pulses: Saving the World with Peas, Beans, Chickpeas, Favas and Lentils
- Saving Seeds: A Home Gardener's Guide To Preserving Plant Biodiversity
- Awesome Ancient Grains And Seeds: A Garden-To-Kitchen Guide, Includes 50 Vegetarian Recipes
- Some Useful Wild Plants: A Foraging Guide To Food And Medicine From Nature
- Greening the Garden: A Guide to Sustainable Growing