Daniel Hill is the founding and senior pastor of River City Community Church, located in the West Humboldt Park neighborhood of Chicago. Formed in 2003, River City longs to see increased spiritual renewal as well as social and economic justice in the Humboldt Park neighborhood and entire city, demonstrating compassion and alleviating poverty as tangible expressions of the Kingdom of God.
Prior to starting River City, Daniel served five years on the staff of Willow Creek Community Church in the suburbs of Chicago. Daniel has a BS in business from Purdue University, an MA in theology from Moody Bible Institute, a certificate in church-based community and economic development from Harvard Divinity School, and a DMin from Northern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is the author of White Awake: An Honest Look at What It Means to Be White (IVP, 2017) and 10:10: Life to the Fullest (Baker, 2014).
Daniel is married to Elizabeth, who is a professor of psychology, and they are the proud parents of Xander and Gabriella Hill. www.pastordanielhill.com
- Be The Bridge: Pursuing God's Heart For Racial Reconciliation
- White Awake: An Honest Look At What It Means To Be White
- All God's Children: How Confronting Buried History Can Build Racial Solidarity
- Affect Regulation Theory: A Clinical Model
- White Lies: Nine Ways To Expose And Resist The Racial Systems That Divide Us