For almost thirty years, David Ulrich has taught and researched the creative process. His work has appeared in various books and periodicals, including Aperture, Parabola, MANOA, and Sierra Club publications, as a photographer and writer. Ulrich's images have been shown at over seventy-five one-person and group exhibitions in museums, galleries, and colleges across the world, including The Art Institute of Boston and New Delhi's Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts.
- A Guide to the Human Resource Body of Knowledge
- Zen Camera: Creative Awakening with a Daily Practice in Photography
- HR Transformation: Building Human Resources from the Outside in
- The HR Scorecard: Linking People, Strategy, and Performance
- HR from the Outside In: Six Competencies for the Future of Human Resources