Dean King is the best-selling author of Skeletons on the Zahara. Men's Journal, Esquire, Garden & Gun, Granta, Outside, New York Magazine, and the New York Times are among the periodicals for which he has written. He currently resides in Richmond, Virginia.
- Twelve Years a Slave: Narrative of Solomon Northup, a Citizen of New York, Kidnapped in Washington City in 1841, and Rescued in 1853, from a
- The Feud: The Hatfields and McCoys: The True Story
- Skeletons on the Zahara: A True Story of Survival
- A Sea of Words: A Lexicon and Companion to the Complete Seafaring Tales of Patrick O'Brian
- Harbors and High Seas: An Atlas and Geographical Guide to the Complete Aubrey-Maturin Novels of Patrick O'Brian, Third Edition