He has won various honors, including the University of Texas at Austin's Distinguished Young Alumni Award in 1994 and the University of California at Berkeley's National Public Health Hero Award. Dr. Ornish is the Huffington Post's medical editor, and his TED speeches have been viewed by over 5 million people. He was named one of the 50 most important people of his generation by Life magazine and one of the world's seven most powerful teachers by Forbes magazine. He is the author of six national bestsellers. Dr. Ornish and his children, Lucas (Luke) and Jasmine (Jazz), live in the San Francisco area with his wife and partner, Anne.
- The Real Food Grocery Guide: Navigate the Grocery Store, Ditch Artificial and Unsafe Ingredients, Bust Nutritional Myths, and Select the Healthiest
- The 22-Day Revolution: The Plant-Based Program That Will Transform Your Body, Reset Your Habits, and Change Your Life
- Dr. Judith Orloff's Guide to Intuitive Healing: 5 Steps to Physical, Emotional, and Sexual Wellness
- The Food Revolution: How Your Diet Can Save Your Life and Our World (Plant Based Diet, Food Politics)
- Undo It!: How Simple Lifestyle Changes Can Reverse Most Chronic Diseases