Del Sroufe's love of cooking began when he was eight years old and has never waned. In 1989, he moved to work for the King Avenue Coffeehouse, one of Columbus' top vegetarian restaurants, where he polished his skills as a baker and cook. Sroufe began vegan meal delivery service in 2001, delivering unique plant-based food to Columbus residents, after opening Del's Bread, a vegan bakery. During this period, he produced a famous cooking class series in which he shared many of the delectable recipes he had perfected over the years. In 2006, Sroufe became a co-owner and chef at Wellness Forum Foods, where he continued the company's heritage of providing delicious plant-based meals to clients in Columbus and across the continental United States.
Sroufe also became a member of The Wellness Forum, where he shed almost 200 pounds on a low-fat, plant-based diet after a lifetime of yo-yo dieting. He still teaches culinary workshops at Whole Foods, Community Recreation Centers, and The Wellness Forum in his hometown. Sroufe's books include The China Study: Quick & Easy Cookbook and Forks Over Knives--The Cookbook, a vegan cookbook accompaniment to the critically acclaimed documentary Forks Over Knives.
- Forks Over Knives: The Cookbook (Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition)
- The China Study Quick & Easy Cookbook: Cook Once, Eat All Week with Whole Food, Plant-Based Recipes
- Chef del's Better Than Vegan: 101 Favorite Low-Fat, Plant-Based Recipes That Helped Me Lose Over 200 Pounds
- The China Study Family Cookbook: 100 Recipes to Bring Your Family to the Plant-Based Table
- Libro de Cocina de Tenedores Sobre Cuchillos