Don Miguel Ruiz
Don Miguel Ruiz was raised in rural Mexico by a curandera (healer) mother and a nagual (shaman) grandfather, who came from a family of healers. Miguel was expected to continue on the family's centuries-old tradition of healing and teaching, as well as the mystical Toltec knowledge. Miguel, distracted by modern life, decided to enter medical school and pursue a career as a surgeon. His life was impacted by a near-death encounter. He began an extensive practice of self-inquiry after being stunned by this event.
He devoted himself to mastering ancient ancestral wisdom, studying diligently with his mother and finishing an apprenticeship in the Mexican desert with a great shaman. A nagual, in the Toltec culture, is a guide who leads a person to personal liberation. Don Miguel is a nagual from the Eagle Knight lineage who is passionate about passing on his knowledge of the old Toltec teachings. The Four Agreements, The Mastery of Love, and The Four Agreements Companion Book are his works.
www.MiguelRuiz.com is his website.
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
- The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery
- The Four Agreements Toltec Wisdom Collection: 3-Book Boxed Set
- The Voice of Knowledge: A Practical Guide to Inner Peace
- The Medicine Bag: Shamanic Rituals & Ceremonies for Personal Transformation