Dorothy Kalins is an award-winning magazine editor, the founding editor-in-chief of Metropolitan Home and of Saveur magazine, and the former executive editor of Newsweek. She has collaborated on the production of many award-winning cookbooks, including David Tanis's A Platter of Figs, Michael Anthony's The Gramercy Tavern Cookbook and V is for Vegetables, and Michael Solomonov and Steven Cook's bestselling Zahav and Israeli Soul. In 2018, she was honored with induction into the American Society of Magazine Editors' Hall of Fame. Dorothy was the first woman ever named Adweek's Editor of the Year. She has won two James Beard Awards, and in 2013 was voted into the James Beard Foundation's Who's Who of Food & Beverage in America. She lives in New York City with her husband, the filmmaker Roger Sherman.
- The Kitchen Whisperers: Cooking with the Wisdom of Our Friends
- The Gramercy Tavern Cookbook
- V Is for Vegetables: Inspired Recipes & Techniques for Home Cooks -- From Artichokes to Zucchini
- Garden Wild: Wildflower Meadows, Prairie-Style Plantings, Rockeries, Ferneries, and Other Sustainable Designs Inspired by Nature
- Kitchen Whisperers Lib/E: Cooking with the Wisdom of Our Friends