Douglas Fisher, Ph.D., is a leader at Health Sciences High & Middle College and a professor and chair of educational leadership at San Diego State University. He previously worked as an early intervention teacher and an elementary school educator. He is the recipient of the William S. Cooper Award from the International Reading Association. A Christa McAuliffe award for achievement in teacher education, an Outstanding Leader award from NCTE's Conference on English Leadership, and a Grey citation of merit. He's written publications including PLC+: Better Choices and More Impact by Design, Creating Equality, and Assessment-capable Learners, as well as papers on reading and literacy, differentiated instruction, and curriculum design. [email protected] is his email address.
- Better Than Carrots or Sticks: Restorative Practices for Positive Classroom Management
- The Teacher Clarity Playbook, Grades K-12: A Hands-On Guide to Creating Learning Intentions and Success Criteria for Organized, Effective Instruction
- Leading the Rebound: 20+ Must-DOS to Restart Teaching and Learning
- Visible Learning for Literacy, Grades K-12: Implementing the Practices That Work Best to Accelerate Student Learning
- The Distance Learning Playbook, Grades K-12: Teaching for Engagement and Impact in Any Setting