Edward G Lengel
Edward G. Lengel
Edward G. Lengel is Professor and Editor in Chief of the Papers of George Washington documentary editing project at the University of Virginia, and has edited several volumes of the Washington Papers. He is the author of six books, including World War I Memories: An Annotated Bibliography of Personal Accounts Published in English Since 1919 (2004), To Conquer Hell: The Meuse-Argonne, 1918 (2008), This Glorious Struggle: George Washington's Revolutionary War Letters (2008), and Inventing George Washington: America's Founder in Myth and Memory (2011). He is editor of A Companion to George Washington (2012, Wiley-Blackwell).
- The 10 Key Campaigns of the American Revolution
- To Conquer Hell: The Meuse-Argonne, 1918, the Epic Battle That Ended the First World War
- Colonial Williamsburg: The Story: From the Colonial Era to the Restoration
- Never in Finer Company: The Men of the Great War's Lost Battalion
- Inventing George Washington: America's Founder, in Myth and Memory