Erik Molvar, a veteran author and outdoor explorer, found backpacking while volunteering on a trail crew in Washington's North Cascades. He has written FalconGuides for areas like Glacier National Park, the Bob Marshall Wilderness, Olympic National Park, Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks, and the Maroon Bells-Snowmass Wilderness in Colorado.
- Best Easy Day Hiking Guide and Trail Map Bundle: Olympic National Park [With Map]
- Hiking Glacier and Waterton Lakes National Parks: A Guide to the Parks' Greatest Hiking Adventures
- Hiking Olympic National Park: A Guide to the Park's Greatest Hiking Adventures
- Hiking the North Cascades: A Guide to More Than 100 Great Hiking Adventures
- Hiking Montana's Bob Marshall Wilderness: Including Jewel Basin and the Scapegoat and Great Bear Wilderness Areas