Fintan O'Toole is an Irish Times columnist and critic. In 1993, he was named Irish Journalist of the Year, and from 1997 to 2001, he worked as a theatre reviewer for the New York Daily News. He is a frequent contributor to the New York Review of Books, Granta, and other magazines, and the author of numerous prior works. He now resides in Dublin.
- We Don't Know Ourselves: A Personal History of Modern Ireland
- The Politics of Pain: Postwar England and the Rise of Nationalism
- White Savage William Johnson and the Invention of America Excelsior Editions
- Ship of Fools: How Stupidity and Corruption Sank the Celtic Tiger
- Shakespeare Is Hard, But So Is Life: A Radical Guide to Shakespearean Tragedy