Francis S Collins
Collins is the Director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), which is located in Bethesda, Maryland. He is a pioneer in genetic research and served as the Director of the National Human Genome Research Institute at the National Institutes of Health for 15 years. He had a key role in the discovery of the molecular basis of cystic fibrosis, neurofibromatose, and Huntington's disease. He was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2007 and the National Medal of Science in 2009 for his extraordinary contributions to genetic research. He lives in Bethesda and is a passionate motorcycle rider and guitarist. He has made it onto the New York Times bestseller lists with this book, as well as his previous book The Language of God.
- The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief
- The Language of Science and Faith: Straight Answers to Genuine Questions
- Belief: Readings on the Reason for Faith
- The Language of Life: DNA and the Revolution in Personalized Medicine
- Coming to Peace with Science: Bridging the Worlds Between Faith and Biology