Franz Metcalf earned his master's degree from the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, California, and his doctorate from the University of Chicago, where he wrote a dissertation on the topic Why Do Americans Pursue Zen Buddhism? He is currently employed at the Forge Institute for Spirituality and Social Change, and lectures at California State University, Los Angeles. He also serves on the steering committee of the American Academy of Religion's person, culture, and religion group.
- Being Buddha At Work: 108 Ancient Truths On Change, Stress, Money, And Success
- What Would Buddha Do?: 101 Answers To Life's Daily Problems
- Buddha In Your Backpack: Everyday Buddhism For Teens
- What Would Buddha Do At Work?: 101 Answers To Workplace Dilemmas
- Just Add Buddha!: Simple Buddhist Solutions for Everyday Life