Ghillie Basan is a writer, broadcaster, and food anthropologist who has worked as an English teacher, ski instructor, recipe writer, restaurant critic, and journalist in many areas of the world. Her interest in other culinary cultures holds culminated in many publications, some of which have been nominated for the Glenfiddich, Guild of Food Writers, and Cordon Bleu World Food Media Awards. She has a degree in Social Anthropology and a Cordon Bleu certification. Clarissa Dickson-Wright called her one of the finest authors on Middle Eastern cooking. Her cookbooks have often placed in the Best of the Best and Top 50 lists.
- The Modern Tagine Cookbook: Delicious Recipes for Moroccan One-Pot Meals
- Vegetarian Tagines & Couscous: 65 Delicious Recipes for Authentic Moroccan Food
- The Turkish Cookbook: Exploring the Food of a Timeless Cuisine
- Lebanese Food & Cooking: Traditions, Ingredients, Tastes, Techniques, 80 Classic Recipes
- Saffron & Sumac: Feasting at the Middle Eastern Table
- #1393 in cookbooks