Hal Higdon is a writer and runner from the United States. He has more than any other writer contributed to Runner's World magazine. He is the best-selling author of 34 books, including Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide. Since 1959, he has worked as a freelance writer on a range of subjects, including a children's book that was adapted into an animated film. He competed in the United States Olympic Trials eight times and won four world masters titles. He is a founding member of the RRCA (Road Runners Club of America).
- Marathon, Revised And Updated 5th Edition: The Ultimate Training Guide: Advice, Plans, And Programs For Half And Full Marathons
- Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Training
- Hal Higdon's How To Train: The Best Programs, Workouts, And Schedules For Runners Of All Ages
- Leopold And Loeb: The Crime Of The Century
- Run Fast: How To Beat Your Best Time Every Time