Henry Beard was a member of the Harvard Lampoon and a Harvard University student. He later co-founded the National Lampoon with Douglas Kenney and served as the magazine's editor during its heyday in the 1970s. He is the author of several bestselling humor books, including Miss Piggy's Guide to Life and The Official Politically Correct Dictionary and Handbook (co-authored with Christopher Cerf).
- Bored Of The Rings: A Parody Of J. R. R. Tolkien's Lord Of The Rings
- Spinglish: The Definitive Dictionary Of Deliberately Deceptive Language
- Bill Gates' Personal, Super-Secret, Private Laptop: A Microspoof
- Miss Piggys Guide To Life
- X-Treme Latin: All The Latin You Need To Know For Survival In The 21st Century