Isabel L Beck
Isabel L. Beck, PhD, is Professor Emerita of Education at the University of Pittsburgh's School of Education. In the fields of decoding, vocabulary, and understanding, she has conducted research and published widely. The International Reading Association, the National Reading Conference, and the American Union of Teachers have all recognized her efforts, and she is a member of the National Academy of Education.
- Bringing Words to Life: Robust Vocabulary Instruction
- Making Sense of Phonics, First Edition: The Hows and Whys
- Questioning the Author: An Approach for Enhancing Student Engagement with Text
- Creating Robust Vocabulary: Frequently Asked Questions and Extended Examples
- Improving Comprehension with Questioning the Author: A Fresh and Expanded View of a Powerful Approach (Theory and Practice)