Burkins and Yaris -- Think Tank for 21st Century Literacy is run by Jan Burkins, co-author of Avoiding Misguided Reading (IRA, 2010), and Kim Yaris, whose blog and instructional tools have attracted a national audience and established them as thought leaders in the field of literacy teaching. Jan and Kim, both former teachers, are dedicated about assisting educators in navigating, understanding, and teaching instructional requirements without losing touch with their inner teacher. They engage closely with schools and districts as staff developers, facilitating staff development, giving in-class demos, and producing curriculum.
- Shifting the Balance: 6 Ways to Bring the Science of Reading Into the Balanced Literacy Classroom
- Who's Doing the Work?: How to Say Less So Readers Can Do More
- Preventing Misguided Reading: Next Generation Guided Reading Strategies
- Preventing Misguided Reading: New Strategies for Guided Reading Teachers
- Reading Wellness: Lessons in Independence and Proficiency