Jeff Zwiers is a Stanford Teaching Education Program instructor and works at Stanford's Center for Supporting Excellence in Teaching. Jeff earned his bachelor's degree from the University of San Francisco and has taught English, Spanish, science, and history in high school, middle school, and elementary school. He says he became a teacher to help children develop socially, linguistically, ethically, and cognitively. Jeff is also a consultant on the Guatemala Education Reform in the Classroom initiative, which aims to build effective bilingual education and teacher training systems across the country. On literacy, cognition, and academic language, he has written papers and books.
- Building Academic Language: Essential Practices for Content Classrooms, Grades 5-12
- Building Academic Language: Meeting Common Core Standards Across Disciplines, Grades 5-12
- Academic Language Mastery: Conversational Discourse in Context
- Common Core Standards in Diverse Classrooms: Essential Practices for Developing Academic Language and Disciplinary Literacy
- Academic Conversations: Classroom Talk That Fosters Critical Thinking and Content Understandings