The New York Times' About New York column is written by Jim Dwyer, a Pulitzer Prize-winning writer. He is the author or coauthor of a number of works, including Real Innocence and 102 Minutes, which was a National Book Award finalist in 2005. He currently resides in New York City.
- Actual Innocence: Five Days to Execution, and Other Dispatches from the Wrongly Convicted
- 102 Minutes: The Untold Story of the Fight to Survive Inside the Twin Towers
- Subway Lives: 24 Hours in the Life of the New York City Subway
- Where the Wild Books Are: A Field Guide to Ecofiction
- More Awesome Than Money: Four Boys, Three Years, and a Chronicle of Ideals and Ambition in Silicon Valley