Joanne Cacciatore is a Zen priest who runs the Miss Foundation, which focuses on the practice of accompanying in mourning, and Selah Carefarm, a rest place for those who have been through traumatic events. She graduated from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln with a doctorate. Her study has been published in scholarly journals as well as the popular press.
- Bearing the Unbearable: Love, Loss, and the Heartbreaking Path of Grief
- Animal Sutras: Animal Spirit Stories
- to linger on hot coals: collected poetic works from grieving women writers
- The World of Bereavement: Cultural Perspectives on Death in Families
- Soportar Lo Insoportable: Amor, Pérdida Y El Camino del Duelo