JOANNE CHANG, a Harvard College honors graduate with a degree in Applied Mathematics and Economics, left a career as a management consultant to pursue a career in professional cookery. She began her career in Boston's Biba, then moved on to Bentonwood Bakery, Rialto, Payard Patisserie and Cafe in New York, and lastly Mistral. She returned to Boston with ambitions to create a bakery shop. Chang also competed on Bobby Flay's Throwdown and won. In 2007, she and her husband, Christopher Myers, launched Myers+Chang, a Chinese restaurant. She is the author of four previous cookbooks and was named Outstanding Baker in America by the James Beard Foundation in 2016.
- Pastry Love: A Baker's Journal of Favorite Recipes
- Flour, Too: Indispensable Recipes for the Cafe's Most Loved Sweets & Savories (Baking Cookbook, Dessert Cookbook, Savory Recipe Bo
- Baking with Less Sugar: Recipes for Desserts Using Natural Sweeteners and Little-To-No White Sugar
- Strategize: A Visual Homage to The Art of War
- Flour: Spectacular Recipes from Boston's Flour Bakery + Cafe
- #361 in cookbooks