For more than 30 years, John Britt has been a potter and a teacher. John works out of his own studio in Bakersville, North Carolina, where he was previously the studio manager for the famed Penland School of Crafts. He is a glaze expert and a regular contributor to Ceramics Monthly, the main ceramics magazine, as well as Ceramic Arts Daily, the leading ceramics website. Ceramic Review, Studio Potter, Clay Times, and New Ceramics are just a few of the publications where he contributes on a regular basis. Britt is the author of The Complete Handbook to High-Fire Glazes, a judge for 500 Bowls, and technical editor for Lark's The Art & Craft of Ceramics and Barron's Educational Series' Glaze: The Ultimate Ceramic Artist's Guide to Glaze and Color. John's ceramic art has won medals, awards, and fellowships in over 100 shows around the country and overseas.
- The Complete Guide To Mid-Range Glazes: Glazing & Firing At Cones 4-7
- Amazing Glaze: Techniques, Recipes, Finishing, And Firing
- Quien Mato a Cambio? (Who Killed Change?): Resuelve El Misterio de Liderar a Traves del Cambio (Solving the Mystery of Leading People Through Change)
- Who Kidnapped Excellence?: What Stops Us From Giving And Being Our Best
- John Henry Newman's Rhetoric: Becoming a Discriminating Reader