John Warner is a Chicago Tribune journalist, an Inside Higher Ed contributing blogger, and an editor at large for McSweeney's Internet Tendency. He is the author or coeditor of seven books, including The Writer's Practice: Improving Your Nonfiction Writing Confidence.
- The Writer's Practice: Building Confidence In Your Nonfiction Writing
- Why They Can't Write: Killing The Five-Paragraph Essay And Other Necessities
- The Awesome Book Of One-Minute Mysteries And Brain Teasers
- One-Minute Mysteries And Brain Teasers: Good Clean Puzzles For Kids Of All Ages
- The Very Best One-Minute Mysteries And Brain Teasers