Jonathan M. is the author of the book Jonathan M. Frederick B. Metzl is the Frederick B. Metzl is the Frederick B. Metzl is Vanderbilt University's Center for Medicine, Health, and Society is directed by Rentschler II, a professor of sociology and psychiatry. He is a well-known expert on gun violence and mental illness and the author of several publications. He was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri, and now resides in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Dying of Whiteness: How the Politics of Racial Resentment Is Killing America's Heartland
- The Protest Psychosis: How Schizophrenia Became a Black Disease
- Prozac on the Couch: Prescribing Gender in the Era of Wonder Drugs
- Structural Competency in Mental Health and Medicine: A Case-Based Approach to Treating the Social Determinants of Health
- Against Health: How Health Became the New Morality