Joseph Bruchac is a well-known children's book author, poet, writer, storyteller, and Native American culture specialist. Bruchac's poems, articles, and stories have appeared in hundreds of periodicals, from Akwesasne Notes and American Poetry Review to National Geographic and Parabola. He has authored several books for adults and children, including Code Talker: A Novel About the Navajo Marines of World War II, Skeleton Man, and The Heart of a Navajo.
- Sports Shorts: An Anthology Of Short Stories
- How to Start and Sustain a Literary Magazine: Practical Strategies for Publications of Lasting Value
- Turkey Brother, and other tales: Iroquois folk stories (The Crossing Press series of children's stories)
- Where Fish Go In Winter: And Other Great Mysteries
- Stone giants & flying heads: Adventure stories of the Iroquois (The Crossing Press series of children's books)
- #4580 in children's books