Joseph Bruchac is a well-known children's book author, poet, writer, storyteller, and Native American culture specialist. Bruchac's poems, articles, and stories have appeared in hundreds of periodicals, from Akwesasne Notes and American Poetry Review to National Geographic and Parabola. He has authored several books for adults and children, including Code Talker: A Novel About the Navajo Marines of World War II, Skeleton Man, and The Heart of a Navajo.
- How Chipmunk Got His Stripes: A Tale Of Bragging And Teasing
- On This Long Journey: The Journal Of Jesse Smoke - A Cherokee Boy, The Trail Of Tears, 1838
- The First Strawberries: A Cherokee Story
- The Waters Between: A Novel of the Dawn Land (Hardscrabble Books-Fiction of New England)
- My Name Is America: The Journal Of Jesse Smoke, A Cherokee Boy
- #4580 in children's books