Joshua Davis is a Wired contributing editor, the cofounder of Epic magazine, and the author of The Underdog, a memoir about his experiences as a matador, backward runner, and arm wrestler. For feature writing, he was nominated for a National Magazine Award in 2014. He's also written for The New Yorker and other publications, and his work has been anthologized in Best American Science and Nature Writing 2012, as well as Best Technology Writing 2006, 2007, and 2009. His reporting forms the basis for the film Spare Parts. He resides in the city of San Francisco, California.
- Spare Parts: Four Undocumented Teenagers, One Ugly Robot, and the Battle for the American Dream
- Gelato Fiasco: Recipes and Stories from America's Best Gelato Makers
- From Head Shops to Whole Foods: The Rise and Fall of Activist Entrepreneurs
- Flash to the Core: An Interactive Sketchbook by Joshua Davis
- A Narrative of Joshua Davis: An American Citizen Who Was Pressed and Served on Board Six Ships of the British Navy: He Was in Seven Engagements, On