KATE ROBERTS is a popular keynote speaker, top-selling author, and national literacy consultant. She worked as a literacy coach and taught reading and writing in Brooklyn, NY, before joining the Teachers College Reading and Writing Project in 2005 as a Senior Staff Development. Kate's most recent book, A Novel Approach, explores how to teach whole-class novels while maintaining student-centered techniques such as readers workshop. She also co-wrote two Units of Study books on Literary Essay, as well as Falling in Love with Close Reading (with Christopher Lehman) and DIY Literacy (with Maggie Beattie Roberts). Her work with students around the country has lead her to believe that when work is demystified, broken down, and made enjoyable, all kids can be perceptive, intellectual thinkers.
Kate has worked to help teachers, schools, and districts develop and implement effective teaching practices and curriculum on a national and international level. Kate can be followed on the internet. Blog: KateAndMaggie.com Twitter: @TeachKate Pinterest: /IndentBlog
- The Awakening: The Dragon Heart Legacy, Book 1
- A Novel Approach: Whole-Class Novels, Student-Centered Teaching, And Choice
- Falling In Love With Close Reading: Lessons For Analyzing Texts--And Life
- Toys of the '50s, '60s, and '70s
- Diy Literacy: Teaching Tools For Differentiation, Rigor, And Independence