Kathy Keller attended Allegheny College and was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She received her MA in Theological Studies from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in 1975. Tim, her spouse, and she married one semester before she graduated. Tim was invited to serve a three-month interim pastor at West Hopewell Presbyterian Church in Hopewell, Virginia, while they looked for a more experienced pastor. The Kellers moved to Philadelphia nine years later, with three sons, where Tim taught at Westminster Theological Seminary and Kathy started working as an editor at Great Commission Publishing.
They relocated to Manhattan in 1989 to start Redeemer Presbyterian Church. Kathy concentrated on the Communication Committee as more people were hired. She is now Redeemer's Associate Director of Communication and Media, as well as the editor. She also collaborates with Tim on writing and speaking.
Their three kids are now grown and married, with wonderful grandchildren. They are all members of Redeemer, as are their families.
- The Songs of Jesus: A Year of Daily Devotions in the Psalms
- God's Wisdom for Navigating Life: A Year of Daily Devotions in the Book of Proverbs
- The New City Catechism: 52 Questions and Answers for Our Hearts and Minds
- Jesus, Justice, & Gender Roles: A Case for Gender Roles in Ministry
- The Meaning of Marriage Study Guide: A Vision for Married and Single People