Kirsten K Shockey
Kirsten K. is a writer who lives in New York City. Shockey is the author of Homebrewed Vinegar and the writer of The Big Book of Cidermaking, Miso, Tempeh, Natto & Other Delicious Ferments, Fiery Ferments, and the best-selling Fermented Vegetables with her husband, Christopher Shockey. The Shockeys began fermenting foods with their farmstead food enterprise, which produced over 40 varieties of cultured vegetables and krauts. At the moment, their main focus is on teaching others how to ferment vegetables through lectures and workshops at their farm. They dwell on a 40-acre hillside farmstead in southern Oregon's Applegate Valley.
- Fermented Vegetables: Creative Recipes For Fermenting 64 Vegetables & Herbs In Krauts, Kimchis, Brined Pickles, Chutneys, Relishes & Pastes
- Fiery Ferments: 70 Stimulating Recipes For Hot Sauces, Spicy Chutneys, Kimchis With Kick, And Other Blazing Fermented Condiments
- Homebrewed Vinegar: How To Ferment 60 Delicious Varieties, Including Carrot-Ginger, Beet, Brown Banana, Pineapple, Corncob, Honey, And App
- The Big Book Of Cidermaking: Expert Techniques For Fermenting And Flavoring Your Favorite Hard Cider
- Miso, Tempeh, Natto & Other Tasty Ferments: A Step-By-Step Guide To Fermenting Grains And Beans