Kristin Neff, PhD, is a practitioner of Insight Meditation and an Associate Professor at the University of Texas at Austin. Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Good to Yourself is her book. She was a true pioneer in the field, identifying self-compassion as a quantitative quality over 15 years ago, and there are now over a thousand published research on its advantages. Kristin is a cofounder of the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion and speaks and teaches self-compassion seminars all over the world. In addition to her study, she has created Mindful Self-Compassion, an eight-week curriculum that teaches self-compassion skills.
Thousands of people have participated in the program, which she co-created with her colleague Chris Germer. The Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook, co-authored by Kristin and Chris, was an instant bestseller. Self-compassion.org has further information.
- Self-Compassion: The Proven Power Of Being Kind To Yourself
- The Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook: A Proven Way To Accept Yourself, Build Inner Strength, And Thrive
- The Self-Compassion Workbook For Teens: Mindfulness And Compassion Skills To Overcome Self-Criticism And Embrace Who You Are
- Self-Compassion Step By Step: The Proven Power Of Being Kind To Yourself
- The Yin And Yang Of Self-Compassion: Cultivating Kindness And Strength In The Face Of Difficulty