New York City's leading locavore is Leda Meredith. Botany, Ballet, and Supper from Scratch, a memoir with recipes about her year of eating only foods grown within a 250-mile radius of her Brooklyn home, is her first book. She's appeared on The Martha Stewart Show and in the New York Times and New York Post, among other publications. She teaches edible and medicinal plants at the New York Botanical Garden and the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, and she chronicles her locavore lifestyle on her blog, Leda's Urban Homestead, at ledameredith.net/wordpress.
- Northeast Foraging: 120 Wild and Flavorful Edibles from Beach Plums to Wineberries
- Preserving Everything: How to Can, Culture, Pickle, Freeze, Ferment, Dehydrate, Salt, Smoke, and Store Fruits, Vegetables, Meat, Milk, and Mo
- The Skillful Forager: Essential Techniques for Responsible Foraging and Making the Most of Your Wild Edibles
- Pickling Everything: Foolproof Recipes for Sour, Sweet, Spicy, Savory, Crunchy, Tangy Treats
- The Forager's Feast: How to Identify, Gather, and Prepare Wild Edibles
- #2443 in Cookbooks & Everything Food